Thursday, April 9, 2009

An Introduction


My name is Wesley Neill, and if you are reading this, I am probably dead.

Ok, maybe not. This is my blog. My mother once gave me a leather bound travel journal to take with me during my constant (insofar as time and money allowed) globe trotting. I was sometimes faithful in recording the events of my day, and sometimes not. Sometimes, I just didn't want my mother to know how much drinking (a very cultural activity) I'd been doing, if she ever happened on my journal and got curious. Don't worry, I'm on the wagon now, mom!

Well, this is to be the digital version of that travel journal, from here on out. I soon embark on my career as a U.S. Naval Officer. Here you will find my experiences , photographs of my travels, and really anything else that I find interesting or useful. I hope to keep my family and friends up to date, and perhaps to provide a resource for other travellers and fellow sailors to get ideas about places to live, places to visit and what to expect as a junior officer in the navy in general.

If you are reading this, you are probably family or friend. Hi mom! If not, there is a link to my profile somewhere on the right. Check it out!

3 comments:

  1. Hey there! Sharon Legg from dA here. I didn't know you were in the service! Good luck on all that you do out there and keep us all posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. update more! I know you've seen some pretty cool stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi there. im from malaysia. people say: everyday u meet interesting people.. i love to read blog n i found that ur blog quite interesting... keep updating ur blog. gambate kudasai!

    ReplyDelete